“Modesty is the conscience of the body.” - Honore de Balzac

Friday, March 19, 2010

Natural Energy Boost Tonic

As a mother of 5 kids, I am always in need of energy. When I saw the ad for Red Bull for the first time, I thought, just what I  need to keep up with my kids!

So, I started doing some research on it, and this is what I found:


  • Research at the Cardiovascular Research Center at the Royal Adelaide Hospital and Adelaide University has revealed shocking similarities between the cardiovascular profiles of heart patients and students who drink Red Bull.
  • A 250ml can of Red Bull can thicken blood and make it more prone to clotting.

  • Red Bull cans bear the warning that it should not be consumed by children, diabetics, pregnant women, and those sensitive to caffeine.

  • The combination of Red Bull and Vodka, extremely popular in pubs, is lethal and can have terrible effects on the heart.

  • B-vitamins do boost energy, but too high a dose can kill.

  • So far, no study has been done to determine the actual effects of glucuronolactone and taurine on the human body.

No comments:

Post a Comment